Best Outdoor Swing Set in 2023
Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger Wooden Swing Set with Swings
Backyard Discovery Somerset All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- One of our most popular cedar wood kids swing sets for smaller backyard fun featuring a playdeck with a colorful canopy, 2 belt swings, a trapeze swing and a slide
- Great upper playdeck / outdoor clubhouse with green and yellow canvas roof for this small swing set
- This somerset swing set has a a lower play area with a snack stand and a built-in bench
- Two standard belt swing set swings and a swing trapeze bar. An 8 foot slide for kids - super safe but speedy!
- Standard playset ladder. A challenging solid rock climbing wall for kids in this small outdoor playset
Little Tikes Tree House Swing Set
- Lookout tree with steering wheel that encourages role play activity
- Climbing wall on back side with additional climbling on tree frame
- Grab handles molded into; Includes slide. Age recommendation 3-8 years
- Playground must be anchored (included)
- Climber maximum number of 4 kids; Weight limit up to 81lbs per child; Swing extension maximum number of kids 1 per swing
Backyard Discovery Prescott All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- A cedar wood swing set featuring belt swings, a trapeze swing, a slide and a sandbox
- A canopy swing set, with a colorful green canopy over the compact upper deck leading to the slide
- This big kids swing set is appropriate for all ages and includes a sandbox beneath the upper deck
- Two standard belt swing set swings and a swing trapeze bar. An 8 foot slide for kids - super safe but speedy
- A rock climbing wall ladder comes with this playset kit
Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Set
- Elevated play: Backyard Discovery offers a large, raised clubhouse on the Skyfort II featuring a wooden roof, trimmed windows, a covered upper porch, unique bay windows and a sun deck.
- Crow’s nest: the elevated crow’s nest with telescope provide a rare feature that will bring out imagination and adventure to any child.
- Lower fort: a lower deck packs in ground level fun by including a snack stand picnic table as well as a sandbox area, All combined to double as a lower wooden playhouse.
- High flying swings: two belt swings and a two-person glider provides swinging fun for up to 4 kids at once.
- Standard play: We didn't forget the necessities. A rock climbing wall, monkey bars, and 10 foot wave slide; we included it all.
- Safety first: catering to a wide age range, we included a flat-step ladder that provides enough area for small and large feet, ensuring a safe climb into the playset.
- Assembly assistance: assembly is easier with BILT, a 3D-guided interactive assembly app compatible with any Google or Apple device.
- 100% Cedar: our cedar wood construction contains a tight knot structure and a natural resistance to decay, rot and mold.
- Worry free: Backyard Discovery provides a full 1-year as well as an extended pro-rated 5-year
- Safe play: Engineered to meet or exceed ASTM standards (code F1148-19). This product is intended for RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY. Any use of this product outside of a residential setting will make the product null and void.
Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set with Two Swings, Slide, Picnic Table, Telescope & Climbing Wall, Green
- Includes all premium, pre-cut lumber and hardware included with fully illustrated instructions
- Includes Rock climbing wall, wood roof, picnic table with awning, telescope, 2 swings, and a ring/trapeze combo
- Each swing seat supports up to 115 pounds
- Cool wave slide is proudly made in the USA and backed by a lifetime Warranty
- Slide supports up to 250 pounds
Eastern Jungle Gym Heavy-Duty High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat with Coated Swing Chains Fully Assembled
- Fully assembled, fully enclosed and features a high back for additional support and safety;Material Details : Polyethylene
- Swing chains are approximately 66" long; bottom 30" of chain is coated in yellow plastisol for a soft, pinch-free grip
- Attaches to most swing beams up to 9' high and features 2/0 swing chains that are zinc-coated
- Swing seat measures 11.5" from front-to-back and 10" from side-to-side; bucket depth measures 11.5" from the highest point
- Commercial-quality swing seat is constructed with high-quality, durable copolymer plastic and is for residential use only
Step2 Naturally Playful Adventure Lodge Play Center Swing Set with Glider
- Two stories of climbing and hiding play space
- Sturdy ladder steps and 3/4 climbing wall with hanging climbing rope ladder lead to upper level with fun steering wheel and large 6' slide
- Double-wall poly construction eliminates common swing set problems
- Includes two strap swings, a two-person glider, and backboard hoop for ball toss (ball not included)
- Maximum weight 75 lbs on each swing ; Adult assembly required
Backyard Discovery Prairie Ridge All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set, 55006, Bronze
- One of our most popular swing sets for children featuring a large upper play deck with sun shaded canopy with a slide for the fun way down. A playground glider for 2 kids. Monkey bars
- A Backyard Discovery Kids Fort on top with sun shaded canopy and solid front wall with "observation" window
- A heavy duty swing set with a snack stand down below with a built-in bench and a sandbox area that holds up to 350 lbs. of sand
- Provide a six-foot perimeter around the swing set as a safety zone. This wood outdoor playset includes two standard belt swing set swings and a two-person swing set glider. An 8 foot slide - super safe but speedy
- Our monkey bar swing set makes this backyard playset fun and challenging for kids.Easy-up standard ladder
ALEKO BSW02 Child Baby Toddler Indoor Outdoor Swing Blue and Green
- ALEKO’s baby swing is great fun for any baby or toddler all year round
- Designed for children aged 9 to 36 months with a maximum weight of 30 pounds
- Compact enough to use both indoor and outdoor, while still comfortable for your child
- Adjustable ropes allow you to set the swing seat to the height of each individual child; full strap in seat keeps your child snugly secure
- Item dimensions: 54 x 46 x 54 inches; Seat dimensions: 11 x 10 inches; Seat back dimensions: 15 x 10.5 inches; Color: Blue and Green, Recommended only for use when installed in concrete footings; consult product manual for more information.
Cheap DIY Tricks to Increase Property Value: Swing Sets
There are many ways that you can increase your property value. With a little help, these upgrades can be yours for less than half the cost.
The first step in constructing your own play area is to talk to the kids. Get their inputs on what they like. You can even have them draw up a design for what they see as the ultimate play area. Whether it is a fort, a rocket ship, a pretty princess castle, a firehouse, or any combination of them all, you can easily trim down what they add to the design. There will likely not be any nuclear missiles, rocket engines, or moat with a dragon, but if you add designs and noisemakers instead, their imagination will do the rest. Once you get the "plans" from your kids, it is time for you to get creative. You will need to look at it from a safety and realistic standpoint. Factoring in supports and alternatives to what they are wanting will be a tough but fun and exciting step. If they want a "moat", you can add blue play sand or rubber mats. Using rubber mounts to install some old car seats and steering column could mimic blasting off in their rocket. There are many different ways to get creative and give them the imagination wonderland they yearn for. You have to add in a slide and some swings. It is a swing set. Once you have the design complete, you are ready to build.
The beauty of building your own set is that you do not have to pay all of it upfront. Once you finish with the design, measure it out and draw it to scale. This is easily done with any ruler. It does not have to be pretty or win any design awards; it just has to be sized right. By drawing it to scale, you can now plan exactly what you need to construct your play set. You will need to go back over your design and start to think in terms of wood. You will want to use 6x6's or 4x4's for the main supports. Round timbers also work well for this and can be easier to install. The timbers also give log cabin appearance to the entire set. The rest you can choose what would fit your design the best. Remember that you can buy some PVC pipe and other plastic tubing to cover the edges and get a more rounded feel if you need that. Many times the natural wood finish will work the best and is most attractive looking. You will need to try to plan every bolt, screw, and splinter that you will need for the construction phase. You can start to buy the pieces as you get the extra money and store everything in a cool dry place until you are ready to build. This will allow you to "make payments" on your play set. You can even break the design into sections and build them one section at a time. This may keep your kids from getting "antsy" at having to wait months for their play set. You will also need factor in the concrete that you will need to anchor the supports into the ground. You will want to sink the supports at least one foot into the ground. This foot will consist of 10" of concrete topped with 2" of soil so that no one gets hurt by falling on the concrete. If you have a really monster sized play area in mind, you may want to anchor it a little deeper in the ground. You will also want to factor in the wood stain, paints, sealants, and top coats that you will want to apply to the wood.
Once you have all the supplies, you can start building. This can be a great weekend project that everyone can help with. The kids can have fun painting their own play set or even turning a few screws and bolts. This will also give them the feeling that they helped to build it. This is a great ego booster and can really be a great bonding time for everyone. You will want to remember to check your designs often and keep making sure that everything will be sturdy. This may change your plans slightly as you build. Do not worry though. This is to be expected in any project. A sturdy design should always be paramount. There may be things that look good on paper, but when construction comes, it could be a little unstable or shaky. Remember that your kids, their friends, and kids in the future will be playing on this. You want to ensure safety first. If you have any questions about the design or what bolts and screws to use, most hardware stores will help you with this. Home Depot and Ace are known for being helpful and can usually point you in the right direction. One thing that you want to remember is to stain and treat the wood before construction. This will ensure that you get a uniform coating over the entire wood surface. You can wait to paint or decorate it until it is complete, but you want to apply stains and treatments before it is assembled. This is also a lot easier than trying to cram the brush in every little nook and cranny.
Every set will be different and unique. That is the real point to creating your own. A little planning and a couple weekends of fun can lead to the playhouse of your kid's dreams. The planning is the key to a safe environment. Remember that if you have any questions, most professionals will throw a little free advice. There are many resources out there for DIY people. The internet, the hardware store, and the library can save a lot of time, hassle, and heartache. No matter what design you are planning, keeping your kids involved at every step will help to build your family as well as your play area.